Thursday, August 18, 2011

How do I "lock the Fn key" on my Dell Inspiron 15 notebook?

Hi, I've been trying forever to fix this problem of mine. I recently just got a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 15) and I don't like the fact that it has the F1~F12 in BLUE (meaning I have to use Fn) and the other functions such as battery meter, wireless toggle, volume controls, brightness, etc in white (meaning its just a on press without Fn). Whenever I want to use an F# key, I'd have to press Fn. Is there any way to "lock" they Fn key? Or if not, at least reverse its function so that F# is a single press without the Fn? Keep in mind, I've searched around on the web and everything says "try pressing Fn+Scroll Lock/Num Lock", but my computer DOES NOT HAVE EITHER OF THOSE TWO ONS! The only lock I have is Caps Lock, but that doesn't seem to help me here. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment