Monday, August 15, 2011

What should I do in this situation? It's been bothering me for a while now?

One of my friend gets extra help in school. To be honest, it bothers me. When she gets a better grade than me like a 93 and I get a 90, she sort of brags about it. She is clified as having a learning disability by the school. We had midterms this week and I had 5 midterms which were English, Algebra, Global (Social Studies), Earth Science (10th grade cl and I'm in 9th grade), and French. She only has 4 midterms which consist of English, Math (Below grade level), Global (Same cl as me), and Biology (9th grade level cl). We are both in 9th grade. I am not below grade level in any of my cles. She has a math cl where they are doing I think fifth grade level math and she doesn't get it. Anyways, when she brags that she gets a better grade, it bothers me. I have to take a foreign language, but she doesn't. The school doesn't require her to. I have to study for French and that's why I might not have a lot of time to study for another class. I am a smart kid, but I have more core classes than her. She got today and tomorrow off from midterms because she finished hers yesterday because she doesn't take a foreign language. She also complains that she doesn't have a study hall in her schedule, but I do. She actually has Speech everyday where the teacher will help you with your homework and she has a math tutorial where she does homework in there also. I feel like that is basically a study hall, but called something else. She also gets extended time on her tests, including her midterms. I left my global midterm at 10:50 which is 10 minutes before people without extended time have to leave. She was still there. The next day, I asked her when she left the midterm because I wanted to talk about something. We were bored and she said that she left at 10:45. I was going to say that I was there at 10:50 when she was still there when I left, but I thought she didn't want to say that she probably used some of her extra time. She can't explain things well at all. She says the word "stuff" a lot when she is trying to explain something or when we are talking about something. She also asks way too many questions even when the teacher answered them already. For example, the teacher would say that we can leave after we were done and she would ask if we could leave when we're done like 10 minutes later. I was about to say to her that the teacher just said that already. I feel like she totally takes advantage of her extra help. She asks way too many questions and asks them in a different form. For example, she would ask what homework questions to do. The teacher would tell her which ones and she would ask it in a different form and point to them and ask if they are the ones to do for homework. She always gets extra help from the teacher on a test in global. She would do this even on the easiest questions. We have two teachers in the room for global because some students like her need that in the class. I feel like she doesn't do enough work as she's supposed to because she gets extra help a lot. She also gets extra help almost everyday at lunch from her biology teacher. She had more time to study for each midterm than I did. This bothers me a lot. Sorry if I just went on and on about it, but that's how I feel and what I've noticed about the situation. What should I do? This is really bothering me. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment