Monday, August 8, 2011

Who is you're favorite HBO boxing commentator/yst?

I love Max Kellerman and Jim Lampley...but I love Roy Jones as a commentator. He called it like it was and would be. I don't like Stewart because I think he does a poor job. Just because you are a good trainer doesn't make you a choice commentator. He also makes everything come back to him and Lennox, Him and Tommy Hearns or him and Wlad Klitschko...STOP ALREADY! I absolutely abhor Larry Merchant...he is so biased. He is racially and generationally biased. No fighter today is as good as the old ones to him. He also has rarely found a good word for Floyd Mayweather Jr., Roy Jones Jr, Zab Judah, or Pernell Whittaker. He even was hating on black fighter in era before Ali as a writer (see David Remnick's book "King Of The World"). Boxing, if it is to compete with the MMa in the new age of media, it doesn't need fossils to commentate... it needs new voices and voices of color...Jones Jr and Kellerman are great examples of that. I also like the young fighter from the cruiser weight division who is on ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment